Vehicles and fleet management
How clever are your keys?
Managing a fleet of vehicles, be it a small commercial fleet, a logistics and distribution fleet or a large fleet of police cars, is a time consuming role - too much administration - and the vehicles never seemingly at hand to check-out the logbook, record the mileage or look over for damage or defects... that is, assuming they were actually reported!
But then your keys probably aren't 'clever keys'. Luckily ours are...
A more intelligent way to manage your vehicles - and people too
Traka systems turn keys into 'clever keys' and enable you to manage your fleet far more effectively. Offering:
- Significantly reduced administration work
- Ensuring only authorised drivers can access vehicle keys - and then only for the keys they are permitted to take
- Knowing who is driving each of your vehicles now - and, at the click of a mouse, at any time in the past
- Ensuring drivers don't get accused of incidents, accidents or offences in which they had no involvement
- Ensuring drivers can't take keys for vehicles after their license has expired
- Improving fleet utilisation, both in terms of mileage and scheduling of servicing and maintenance work
- Enforcing every driver to report and record any vehicle defects - instantly locking out vehicles dangerous to drive
Who uses Traka for managing their vehicle fleet?
Commercial van fleets, Logistics, Haulage and Courier networks, The Post Office, Cash in Transit Centres, Banks, Distribution Centres, Local Council refuse collection services, Prisons, Airports, Mining and even Power Stations, Police and Emergency Services fleets - our customers are varied but, they all share one thing in common ... they have vehicle fleets where cars, vans or lorries are shared between drivers. So when the question is asked, 'Who was driving the white transit 3 weeks ago?' the blame can't be passed from Bob to Bill to Beryl when trying to ascertain who was driving it inappropriately - or who is going to be held accountable for a speeding fine or parking ticket just received.
'Clever Keys' from Traka...
Keys instantly become 'clever keys' when permanently attached to a Traka iFob. Each key is effectively electronically tagged and the identity of each driver recorded as they take the vehicle key from the Traka system - but of course, only if they have the access permissions which allow them to.
- Control who can access your keys and how many they can take at any one time
- Record when they are taken, when returned, and by whom
- Identify quickly who has a key out and how to contact them easily
- Warn, then lock-out, drivers whose licenses expire
- Report on any keys not returned on time
Alcohol testing too...
Of course, knowing that your drivers are safe and in a fit condition to drive is all important and that is why Traka have integrated Alcolock - the alcohol testing system - with their key management cabinets. It ensures that only drivers who pass a breath test can access their vehicle keys. The system can be configured so that every driver must pass a test each time they take keys or, set-up so that just a random sample of drivers are tested - the choice is yours.
When drivers realise that management know who is driving each vehicle, and can easily use the Traka software to run a report back over months or even years, there is a much greater sense of accountability.
Drivers take more care, both in their driving standards and for the vehicle itself, the result... fewer accidents and less damage. Vehicles suffer less and stay on the road longer - and with fewer speeding tickets coming in, so do your drivers too!
Mileage and defect reports can instantly be pulled-down, helping you to better monitor utilisation, plan for servicing or schedule repairs.
Traka software helps to simplify processes, make information readily available for those who need to know it, reduce administrative time and effort, help organisations meet their Health & Safety obligations and to increase personal accountability - it's no wonder that our systems have readily been adopted by so many vehicle fleet managers.