Who uses Traka?
Traka is used by numerous public sector organisations including Hospitals, Libraries, Museums, Schools, and Local Councils.
How is Traka used?
Traka is used for managing and controlling who can access keys, accessing important assets, managing personal property and ensuring access to items such as laptops and memory data sticks is properly controlled. This includes:
- Controlling and auditing key management for premises, facilities and stores
- Key management to secure areas such as plant rooms servicing power, air conditioning and water supplies
- Enforcing multilevel authorisation to keys for restricted areas
- Fleet vehicle key control - to better manage, control usage of and monitor the utilisation of service vehicles
- Controlling access to keys for special machines, for example, ticket machines or parking meters
- Monitoring and restricting access to laptops, data devices and portable equipment that must be accounted for
- Managing access to and controlling use of security radios and Airwave handsets
- Enforced checking before accessing keys, to ensure that an operatives competency certification has not expired
- Temporary secure storage of personal property when visiting Government Buildings - or even at a Sports Centre or Gym
Why is Traka so valuable?
“Firstly compliance, ensuring user access to keys is restricted and that any time sheets or attendance records that staff submit are accurate. Secondly reliability, providing easy day-to-day use for our staff. Finally efficient administration, with information readily available in simple management reports at the touch of a button, information that would otherwise have taken hours to collect, even if it had been recorded accurately, which it most certainly wasn’t, well not always!”
What are the benefits?
Traka software enables public sector organisations such as museums, libraries, hospitals and local councils to better control user access to their keys and all important assets. The results are simple:-
- Better control - restricting who can access vehicles, premises, secure areas, specialist equipment and tools
- Fewer losses and theft of valuable equipment, tools and valuable assets
- Reduced damage - to vehicles and specialist equipment
- Significantly less time spent on administration
- Greater accountability of all users, in particular, contractors working on a site
- Improved H&S compliance
- Lower operating costs
How is this achieved?
Keys to vehicles and all other conventional keys can be managed through a Traka key cabinet. Cabinets can be local or networked together between remote sites, and all controlled from software running on a central PC or Server.
Equipment is best managed in Traka's intelligent electronic lockers. Not only can you control who can access the locker but, with RFID tagging, you can identify who took it and when - when it was returned and by whom.
You can even record user information such as mileage or any damage to a piece of equipment or vehicle. And, if you want to quickly identify who has a vehicle, piece of equipment or key out now, this can easily be done from the software or the cabinet display. And finally, if you want to breath check operatives for excessive alcohol levels before they take keys, our Alcolock systems can do this for you too.
What our customers think...
"I would say the Traka system offers real value for money and certainly helps us comply with current legislation. Based on the success of the system, the NHS Trust plans to rewrite the key policy." Peter Summers
If you would like to know more about the solutions we can offer, please call +61 (2) 999 5400.